Forward Movement seeks a part-time Marketing Coordinator, 20-25 hours per week. This role will be responsible for product maintenance on our eCommerce website, creation and planning of promotional content for blogs, emails, and social media campaigns, and execution of special projects and initiatives to support the overall sales and marketing goals of the organization. Duties will include creative work, such as product photography and graphic design for digital promotions, maintenance of customer facing web pages, and building regular email marketing campaigns.
Inspiring disciples and empowering evangelists worldwide every day, Forward Movement produces excellent, innovative resources to encourage spiritual growth in individuals and congregations for more than eighty years. Our flagship offering is Forward Day by Day, a quarterly devotional with a circulation of 300,000. Forward Movement is a non-profit ministry of The Episcopal Church based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintain the Forward Movement eCommerce website, using a custom content management system which interfaces with other departments within the organization.
- Maintain several WordPress websites and blogs, serving as support for staff and contractors who utilize these systems.
- Plan email marketing campaigns to promote Forward Movement offerings and products, including ongoing newsletters, seasonal campaigns, and one-time promotional opportunities.
- Create visual content for digital and print product promotions, with photography and basic graphic design.
- Update Forward Movement blogs with regular new title announcements, press releases, author interviews, and special announcements.
- Work with the Marketing Director to plan annual promotional campaigns based on strategic business objectives and missional goals of the organization.
- Research the current and future needs of various targeted interest groups, and present regular ideas to reach and engage through digital and print marketing.
Skills/Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this role with be a creative thinker, as well as disciplined in execution and time management. Organization and attentiveness to details are critical, along with flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the department and organization.
The successful applicant will be knowledgeable about The Episcopal Church. Must be comfortable working in a faith-based environment. Demonstrated work in a creative field of study and/or past work experience, including some graphic design, photography, and email communications and marketing. General technical aptitude to learn new systems and troubleshoot web and email problems and hurdles. Working with strategic plans for the organization will require existing knowledge of, or a willingness to learn and adapt to, the historical context and current needs of the Episcopal Church and the Christian faith. Bilingual candidates, fluent or proficient in Spanish, are encouraged to apply, however this is not a requirement. Occasional travel may be requested. Location is flexible for this position.
Forward Movement hires without regard to race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, or age.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9, 2021.