You can start Revive right now!
Our suggested start-up for your Revive small group is October, with the three, six-week modules rolled out over the program year: one in the fall, one during Epiphany and the final after Easter. Generally, this works well with the yearly momentum of the liturgical cycle. However, this ideal timing might have passed, and you might be worried you have to wait a whole year to begin.
Never fear! Start Revive whenever you can. The important thing is to just get started.
You will quickly realize the significant privilege of helping to revive the spiritual connection within you, between your people, and with God.
Here are some other scheduling options for Revive:
January Start-up Schedule
- Invite Participants: End of November-early January
- Start with opening retreat and Module 1: early-mid January
- Module 2: possibly during Lent or after Easter
- Module 3: possibly after Easter, over the summer or in the fall
- If you live in the northern hemisphere you will likely have to contend with inclement weather. You might think about adding one or two extra “snow day” sessions.
- Depending on when Lent occurs in the calendar, you might have to start the small group sessions early January in order to fit them all in.
Lent Start-up Schedule
- Invite Participants: during Epiphany
- Start opening retreat and Module 1: during Lent
- Module 2: after Easter
- Module 3: possibly over the summer or in the fall
- It might be a challenge scheduling the Opening Retreat and all six sessions into the five weeks of Lent. Possible solutions might be to modify the program down to five sessions or simply meet a week or two before Lent.
- Module 2 and 3 will roll out over Eastertide or into the summer and fall.
Eastertide Start-up Schedule
- Invite Participants: during Lent
- Start opening retreat and Module 1: during Eastertide (6 weeks after Easter)
- Module 2: during summer or fall
- Module 3: possibly in the fall or winter
- There will likely be a summer break between Module 1 and 2 which could give participants leisure time to rehearse the various prayer practices.
Read more guest posts from Revive here.
To learn more, visit the Revive website.
The downloadable program materials may be purchased here.
Pre-printed Participant Guides are available here.