DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Listing for Open Position
Forward Movement is seeking a full-time Director of Business Operations to lead the team that delivers products and content to inspire disciples and empower evangelists, as well as supporting our financial management and operational success. The Director of Business Operations will collaborate with Forward Movement staff to support our customers, as well as to lead our finance team. We seek an effective leader who can ensure that our customers continue to receive unsurpassed service and that we are making use of best practices for our operational success and financial management. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a solutions-focused approach to challenges along the way. An entrepreneurial and playful spirit is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides daily direction and communication to the customer service team so that customers receive timely, efficient and knowledgeable service.
- Oversees all aspects of royalty payments, including contracts, communication with content creators, and timely payments as specified.
- Manages the financial operations team, including finance manager, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Ensures business processes are in line with appropriate regulations, accounting standards, and best practices.
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching to the team.
- Writes and administers performance reviews for skill improvement.
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Manages daily and weekly employee schedules, including vacation requests and sick leave.
- Responds to and resolves employee relations or discipline issues experienced by team members.
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment and professional culture so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Perform related work as required.
This is a full-time position. Requires work in the Cincinnati office. Some travel will be required. The successful applicant will possess Christian character and be knowledgeable about The Episcopal Church. Prior experience or training in customer service or finance is required. In addition to English language fluency, Spanish or some other language fluency is desirable. Forward Movement hires without regard to race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, or age.
This position begins work August 1, 2019, while the current position holder retires August 30, allowing some overlap. There is a strong internal candidate for this opening.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Forward Movement offers a full package of benefits. Email resume and cover letter by June 10, 2019 to Ms. Tania Jones at email@example.com.
Forward Movement is a non-profit ministry of The Episcopal Church located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our mission is inspire disciples, empower evangelists.
412 Sycamore Street ·Cincinnati, OH 45202