Forward Movement is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to lead the effort to share our work and our products with the church and with the world. Our mission is to inspire disciples and empower evangelists. Forward Day by Day, a quarterly devotional with a circulation of 300,000, is our flagship offering. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with Forward Movement staff to communicate our work and our mission, as well as to develop new offerings. We seek an effective communicator with marketing experience. The ideal candidate will have some combination of skill as a writer, a designer, a denizen of social media, and facile user of technology. An entrepreneurial and playful spirit is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Research, develop, and implement a brand and marketing strategy, standards and practices company-wide that elicit the behavior, emotion, and recognition objectives of Forward Movement.
- Lead development of key messages for all audiences to communicate our core brand identity.
- Guide our social media strategy and execution, working with all staff who contribute social media content.
- Lead our marketing team, including a full-time social media missioner and a part-time marketing assistant, as well as external contractors/vendors, and internal team members where appropriate, to execute all communication activities and public relations (marketing materials, advertising, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, social media, content for trade publications, etc.).
- Oversee the writing of press releases, marketing copy, advertisements, and other related material.
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities, and build relationships with key media.
- Work closely with editorial, development, and customer service staff to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Oversee the Forward Movement web presence, working with our business office and other stakeholders.
- Provide monthly reporting to the Executive Director for circulation with appropriate staff and the Board.
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of Forward Movement, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas, and working as a positive, engaged team member. Laugh!
- Develop and manage the marketing budget. Deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget.
- Manage all aspects of direct mail, email newsletters, and other marketing collateral.
- Perform related work as required.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director. Requires work in the Cincinnati office. Some travel will be required. The successful applicant will possess Christian character and be knowledgeable about The Episcopal Church. Prior experience or training in marketing is required. In addition to English language fluency, Spanish or some other language fluency is desirable. Forward Movement hires without regard to race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, or age.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Forward Movement offers a full package of benefits. Email resume and a portfolio of marketing/communication material by February 1, 2016 to Ms. Tania Jones at email@example.com.
Forward Movement is an official, non-profit agency of The Episcopal Church located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Since 1935 our historic mission has been “to reinvigorate the life of the church.”