We’re hiring! Does this sound like a great fit for you or someone you know?
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION LEAD
This position is responsible for providing creative and compelling design for print, digital, and web projects, and for serving as the production manager for products and resources. The design and production lead will collaborate with Forward Movement staff on a variety of projects, from books and pamphlets to online offerings and marketing materials. The ideal candidate should be skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and have some knowledge of web design. The employee should be a creative team player with a keen sense of how to design for different media. This person should have the ability to deliver quality products on deadline and in a fast-paced environment. An entrepreneurial and playful spirit is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Serve as graphic designer for Forward Movement products, including digital books, pamphlets, marketing materials, and websites. Prepares resources from creation to final production. Works closely with editorial, marketing, and development teams to produce quality content that is visually appealing and engaging.
2. Contribute to the creative work of Forward Movement. Write creative briefs in support of editorial, marketing, and business strategy and launch specific project initiatives as they relate to our core brand identity.
3. Serve as a brand ambassador for Forward Movement, working closely with the marketing staff to implement brand strategies across communication platforms such as marketing collateral, advertising, marketing campaigns, social media, trade publications, direct mail, email newsletters, video, and web presence.
4. Serve as production manager, preparing files to printing and digital specifications and working with staff and contractors through delivery to warehouse or launch. Work with a variety of contractors and printers for best quality at the best price. Coordinate and oversee preparation of print-on-demand and ebook resources.
5. Develop design-driven products to create revenue and to expand the ministry of Forward Movement.
6. Share in a collaborative, creative process to design engaging covers and internal content for printed and web-based materials. Develop creative workflow and best practices processes.
7. Position reports to the deputy director/managing editor but works closely with other departments, especially marketing. Work closely with staff and contractors to ensure quality control, with all designs suitably prepared and digital products properly formatted for distribution.
8. Establish and meet deadlines for short-and long-term products.
9. Contribute to the total effectiveness of Forward Movement, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas, and working as a positive, engaged team member.
10. Perform related work as required.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Deputy Director/Managing Editor. This position receives generous benefits. Strong preference for work in the Cincinnati location. Occasional travel may be required. The successful applicant will possess Christian character and be knowledgeable about The Episcopal Church. Forward Movement hires without regard to race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disabilities, or age.
Send cover letter, resume, and link to an online portfolio to Tania Jones at email@example.com by March 14, 2017.